By going green, motorists can help the environment and also help their wallets by adapting a few good driving methods. Better driving practices and care for your automobile are just two straightforward ways to bump up your support of the environment and also support your wallet!!
Here are some simple tips in driving more “green”:
• Be sure your engine running at peak performance which will create less pollution and also help you to dodge costly auto repairs.
• If you are one that changes your own oil, be sure that you dispose of the dirty oil and batteries responsibly.
• Check to ensure your tires are inflated and in alignment. Low tire pressure will force your engine to work harder than need be and your tires will wear out more quickly too.
• Make sure that only qualified technicians work with vehicle refrigerants. There are some older cars with ozone depleting chemicals that can get released into the environment if they are not handled appropriately.
• Try to not drive your car in short spurts or stop-and-go traffic. This type of driving requires more gas and will wear your vehicle down more quickly. It also creates more wear and tear on your brakes.
• If you can, do all of your errands at a one-stop shopping center so that you are not having to drive more than necessary. And if you are in your car waiting for someone, turn the car off while you wait.
• Heavy vehicles have worse gas mileage. Take out any additional weight that you can.
Good car care and better driving strategies will help save you money and save the environment!