Most drivers have relatively strong opinions about SUVs. They either love them or dislike them. Regardless of which opinion you hold, know this: SUVs are more efficient, have a better resale and last a longer time when they are serviced properly.
Most SUV owners do not have the time to try and do their own vehicle repairs and need to lean on the professionals to keep their automobile safe and running well.
We recommend the following as you start your search for a SUV repair shop:
• Start looking for a qualified shop before you are actually in need of one.
• Inquire with colleagues and friend to get recommendations.
• See if your selected shop provides complimentary transportation during repairs. Many shops do and will make your repair experience very easy on you. This will also help you to avoid choosing a shop completely based on geography to your home or place of work.
• Look for a facility that is clean and organized. Also look to see if the vehicles in the parking lot appear to be in relative value to your own. Equipment should be modern in the bays where mechanics are working on the vehicles too.
• Staff should be courteous and willing to answer any questions you have.
• Look around the shop for policies regarding diagnostic fees, labor rates, methods of payment, guarantees, etc.
• Ask the service writer if they usually handle the type of repair work you’re needing.
• To test a shop, start by having them handle a smaller job before trusting them with more difficult work.
• When you are in the shop, look around to see if there are certificates like ASE qualified technicians or advanced schooling for evidence you have selected a place with truly qualified technicians.